[Pollinator] Deadline for group statement supporting Baucus-Chambliss extended to Wed, 5 PM

R. Thomas Van Arsdall tom at vanarsdall.com
Tue May 22 08:51:13 PDT 2007

Baucus-Chambliss Pollinator Habitat Protect Act Update:
Brandon Willis in Baucus’ office sent out msg that bill won’t be introduced
until Thursday.  Original cosponsors can sign on thru Wednesday.  Cosponsors
as of mid-afternoon:  Baucus, Chambliss, Grassley, Landrieu, Bill Nelson,
Isakson, Craig, Casey, Dorgan, Feinstein, Clinton and Brown

So we are keeping group statement open thru Wednesday also.  See attached
for growing list of organizations and individuals who have signed-excellent
response to date.

Noting that the House Ag Subc markup of the conservation title is silent re
pollinators as this update is being written, it reinforces the need to speak
out in support of pollinating farm bill provisions at every opportunity.

FYI approved quote from a Blue Diamond Board member:  “The Pollinator
Habitat Protection Act would help growers like me provide additional natural
forage for pollinators at a time well after almond bloom when food supplies
for bees are critical to maintaining strong hives for almond pollination the
following winter,” said Dan Cummings, Chico, California almond grower.
Cummings is a Blue Diamond board member and chairs the Almond Board of
California’s Bee Task Force.

So we are continuing to add to the group statement supporting
Baucus-Chambliss bill.  The response, as reflected by the attached, has been
excellent.

Current cosponsor list.
Chambliss
2. Grassley
3. Landrieu
4. Bill Nelson
5. Isakson
6. Craig
7. Senator Casey
8. Senator Dorgan
9. Feinstein
10 Clinton
11. Brown
12. Harkin
13. Kerry
14. Allard
15. Collins

Bee Ready for National Pollinator Week, June 24-30, 2007! For more info:
www.pollinator.org

R. Thomas (Tom) Van Arsdall, Public Affairs Representative for Coevolution
Institute/NAPPC
   Van Arsdall & Associates
   13605 McLane Place
   Fredericksburg, VA  22407-2344