[Pollinator] EPA PESP Champions Awards

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Fri Aug 8 11:42:08 PDT 2008

Announced in the July PESP Wire, below is the text which you may  have
missed.  Don't miss this opportunity!

Sherry Glick
US  EPA/Office of Pesticide Programs, BPPD
Environmental Stewardship Branch
My  office is at:
EPA's Office of Radiation and Indoor Environments
4220 S.  Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas NV  89119
702-784-8276    //   702-784-8231 (fax)

PESP Champion Awards
PESP knows that our  members work hard to protect human health and the
environment by reducing  pest and pesticide risk and by implementing
pollution prevention strategies.  As part of our effort to reinvigorate
PESP, we will be recognizing our  outstanding environmental stewards with
PESP Champion Awards this year. If  your organization has submitted a
Member Strategy or an annual report/update  in 2007 or 2008, you are
eligible for a 2008 PESP Champion Award! To be  considered for a PESP
Champion Award, submit a two page statement (strict  page limit) telling
us why you think your organization is a PESP Champion. We  are interested
in hearing about what measurable steps your organization has  taken to:
Improve economic benefits associated with  Integrated Pest
Management (IPM) adoption;
Reduce the risk to human health through integrated pest and  pest
management practices; and
Reduce the risk to the environment through your best management
practices.

Examples of activities include (but are not limited  to):
Demonstrating new IPM practices or tools, leading  to increased
adoption and economic returns;
Implementing an IPM program that reduces pesticide use and risk  in
schools, communities, or other public  settings;
Facilitating the adoption of IPM in and around  residences;
Effectively managing public health threats  while minimizing
environmental impacts;
Evaluating and implementing IPM methods and creating positive
health benefits;
Promoting IPM and  bolstering the adoption of IPM practices; and
Developing  and implementing IPM education, training, and outreach
programs.

Submit your 2-page statement to Sherry Glick at  glick.sherry at epa.gov by
5:00pm EST on August 15, 2008. The 2008 PESP  Champions will be announced
in the November 2008 issue of the PESPWire!

Laurie Davies Adams
Executive Director
Pollinator  Partnership
423 Washington Street, 5th floor
San Francisco, CA  94111
415-362-1137
LDA at pollinator.org

_www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)

_www.nappc.org_ (http://www.nappc.org/)

National Pollinator Week is June 22-28, 2009.
Beecome  involved at _www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)

Read reviews on AOL Autos.