[Pollinator] Fw: Looking to purchase Bumblebees

Mary Smith mxmayor at aim.com
Thu Aug 7 11:18:50 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Mary Smith
To: pollinator at lists.sonic.net
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 8:32 AM
Subject: Looking to purchase Bumblebees

Hi - We are looking to purchase bumblebees to pollinate our gourds, which we sell.
Oregon is the only state that does not allow the delivery of bumblebees from outside sources.  We have been using Mason Orchard Bees, but our gourd crop has not been producing as well as in the past and the Masons are most active prior to gourd pollination.  We would like to purchase a hive of bumblebees.  Can you point me in the right direction.

Under current conditions the State of Oregon is doing everything possible to inhibit ag and small producers like us don't stand a chance of having a voice in Salem!

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mary Smith