[Pollinator] SF TV segment on pollinators and other insects "Bay Area Backroads"

Leslie Saul lsaul at meer.net
Sun May 18 11:14:03 PDT 2008

The television show "Bay Area Backroads"
interviewed me for a story on native insects and
native pollinators found in the San Francisco Bay
Area which will air Saturday May 17th and Sunday
May 18th at 6 PM on Channel 4 (KRON). You can
view the segment on their website at:

http://www.bayareabackroads.com/

BAY AREA BACKROADS with host Doug McConnell
Sunday, May 18th @ 6 p.m. ON KRON 4!
We'll leave no log unturned as we uncover the
wonderful world of bugsŠ right outside our doors.
We'll find stunning spidersŠ legions of ladybugsŠ
and we'll pry our way into the private lives of
termites.

Our non-profit, SaveNature.Org is celebrating
it's 20th Anniversary this year.  We have
promoted invertebrate conservation by raising and
donating $3.5 million to purchase and protect
healthy terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems
throughout Latin America, the Pacific and the
Caribbean.  Additionally, our Insect Discovery
Lab ® conducts 700 hands-on science programs for
children annually using live insects and their
relatives.  We have been promoting the use of
local native plants for wildlife gardening to
enhance pollinator habitats through our programs,
fact sheets and website since our founding in
1988.

SaveNature.Org headquarters are in SF but is a
broad consortium of over 130 institutions from
the U.S. and Canada. We work with schools across
the US in all 50 states.

--
Leslie Saul-Gershenz
Director of Conservation and Education