[Pollinator] Peponapis - squash bee

Margarita Maria Lopez mm_lopezu at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 2 13:29:05 PDT 2009

Dear colleagues:

My name is Margarita Lopez-Uribe. I'm a graduate student at Cornell University in Bryan Danforth's Lab. For my PhD thesis I would like to study the genetics and population structure of Peponapis pruinosa across its current range in the US, Mexico and Canada. For this project, I need to sample populations of Peponapis pruinosa across North America. For the genetic analysis we need specimens of bees preserved in alcohol. Both males and females will work for our analysis. We would like to obtain 20-30 specimens per site, if possible.

We would greatly appreciate your help in this project. We would like to know if any of you would be willing to collaborate with us on the sampling of the bees. If you are willing to help, please send me an email (mml82 at cornell.edu). I will ship vials of ethanol for collecting bees.  We will cover the cost of return postage if necessary.

Thank you in advance for you time and help.

Sincerely,
Margarita M Lopez-Uribe