[Pollinator] speaker request

ForestRuss at aol.com ForestRuss at aol.com
Tue Jan 26 18:10:07 PST 2010

Hello pollinator list  serve:

I am a forester in  central West Virginia planning a training  session for
the WV Forest Stewardship Program that will take place on May 4,  2010 in
the woods of Calhoun  County, WV.  The  program is being underwritten by the
WV Division of  Forestry.

At this time most  facets of the forestry profession are unaware of the
problems facing forest  pollinators and the various ways that loss of these
insects is going to impact  and potentially limit the practice of sustainable
forestry.

I would like to find  out if there is a person out there that is connected
enough to the  issue that they would be willing and interested in making a
presentation at the  program.  The session is being held in the field at
Crummies Creek Tree  Farm near Arnoldsburg,  WV and is expected to draw  over
100 natural resource professionals.

Crummies Creek Tree  Farm has been the site of numerous training sessions
over the past fifteen years  and it is the web portal for ecological forestry
for Appalachian Hardwoods  for the Forest Guild.

Crummies Creek Tree  Farm has been leading the effort to stifle the spread
of invasive plants in  West Virginia  and it is one of the first places that
the Bipolaris fungus was identified  killing Japanese stiltgrass.

For more information  about Crummies Creek Tree Farm please visit the
Forest Guild web site at _www.forestguild.org_ (http://www.forestguild.org/)  or
just google  Crummies Creek.
_http://www.forestguild.org/ecological_forestry/Stiltgrass_and_woodsroad_mai
ntenance.pdf_