[Pollinator] GRADUATE/POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH POSITIONS IN HONEY BEE GENETICS, NORTH CAROLINA,

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 13:18:35 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Olav Rueppell <_orueppell at gmail.com_ (mailto:orueppell at gmail.com) >
To: _pollinator at nappc.org_ (mailto:pollinator at nappc.org)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:48:24  -0400
Subject: Honey Bee Research Opportunity
GRADUATE/POSTGRADUATE  RESEARCH POSITIONS IN HONEY BEE GENETICS, NORTH
CAROLINA, USA
North Carolina State  University (Raleigh, NC) & University of North
Carolina (Greensboro,  NC)
We are looking for one or  more individuals to join our collaborative
research team on a project studying  the genetics of honey bee stress resistance
and lifespan between Dr. Olav  Rueppell (UNC-Greensboro), Dr. David Tarpy
(NC State), and Dr. Micheline Strand  (Research Triangle Park). The level of
these positions is flexible, and we will  consider applications for graduate
students (PhD level) and/or postgraduate  researchers (postdoctoral or
research technician).
The project will address  genetic and environmental variation in stress
resistance and its relation to  life expectancy in worker honey bees. The
applicants should have molecular  research experience, be willing to travel, and
be comfortable working with live  honey bees. The project is funded for 5
years, and salaries will depend on  qualifications.
Please send inquiries and  applications until 15th October 2010 to
_olav_rueppell at uncg.edu_ (mailto:olav_rueppell at uncg.edu) . Applications should  be
electronic and comprise a CV, contact information of three professional
references, and a short (<one-page) description of why you are interested in
joining our team.
Review of applicants will  begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled.
Distributed in  furtherance of the acts of Congress of May 8 and June 30,
1914. North Carolina  State University and North Carolina A&T State
University commit themselves  to positive action to secure equal opportunity
regardless of race, color, creed,  national origin, religion, sex, age, or
disability. In addition, the two  Universities welcome all persons without regard to
sexual orientation. Dr. David  Tarpy _david_tarpy at ncsu.edu_
(mailto:david_tarpy at ncsu.edu) , 919.515.1660

--
Dr. Olav Rueppell