[Pollinator] Opportunity for Organizations to Sign Group Letter in Defense of Farm Bill Conservation Programs & Funding-Deadline Feb 24

R. Thomas (Tom) Van Arsdall tom at vanarsdall.com
Thu Feb 9 11:24:28 PST 2012

If you are a national, regional, state or local organization [association,
non-profit, business, university, club, etc.] that supports farm bill
conservation efforts that help advance conservation efforts on private ag
lands, including for the benefit of native and managed pollinators, please
consider adding your organization's name to this group letter to the House
and Senate Agriculture Committee leadership.

A unified voice is needed to defend farm bill conservation programs, as they
are highly vulnerable to additional cuts in this farm bill reauthorization
cycle.

The Pollinator Partnership is a signatory, and the letter is attached, and
at the link where formally add your organization:   http://goo.gl/VaokH.

Letter Excerpts:

Dear Chairwoman Stabenow, Ranking Member Roberts, Chairman Lucas and Ranking
Member Peterson:

Our organizations, which include millions of members from all across this
country, are writing to express our strong support for the Conservation
Title of the U.S. Farm Bill.

... we urge you to reauthorize the Farm Bill in a manner that sustains the
integrity and effectiveness of the Conservation Title and maintains
conservation funding that meets our national needs.

The shared goal is to get 500+ organizations signed-on by February 24.  You
can get a constantly updated list of signatories by visiting
http://goo.gl/NeBrb.

Feel free to help by forwarding this important opportunity to be a voice for
conservation funding with others.

Thanks!

Tom

R. Thomas (Tom) Van Arsdall, Director of Public Affairs

   Pollinator Partnership <http://www.pollinator.org/>

   (703) 509-4746

   mailto:tva at pollinator.org

        pwlogo2012EnglishS