[Pollinator] NEW Bumble bee photo group

Athena Anderson athenarayne at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 18:04:22 PST 2012

Hi there!

I've just created a bumble bee photo group on Flickr, in the hopes of engaging the public (and scientists!) in some observations of bumble bees.

You can check it out here: pollinators.info bumble bee photo group on Flickr

The goal of the group is to collect high-quality images of bumble bees, along with date, country, and zip code information, in the hopes of contributing to our knowledge of bumble bee life history all over the world. And, of course, to have fun sharing photos of, and discussing, bumbles!

Joining the group on Flickr is free and easy, and anyone can add a photo, even if they don't know the species of their bee. I'll be moderating photos so that only those photos that are clear images of bumble bees, and that include date and location information, are displayed live. I'll be identifying bumbles to species myself when possible, and consulting experts otherwise. There will probably be an "unidentified" category for those that can't be positively identified.

I hope you'll consider joining the group and sharing your bumble photos this year! Feel free to pass this message and/or link to the group on to anyone you think might be interested!

Best wishes for a great spring!
Athena Rayne Anderson
www.pollinators.info