[Pollinator] for discussion: should honeybees be allowed into conservation/protected areas?

beespotter at mste.illinois.edu beespotter at mste.illinois.edu
Wed Mar 28 14:46:05 PDT 2012

Hello all,

I am the webmaster for BeeSpotter (http://beespotter.org), a citizen-science
project which derives its genesis directly from the report cited below (from
the passages cited, even).  We are now in our fifth year and have collected
thousands of photos of bees from citizen-scientists across the state of
Illinois.  We would love to broaden the scope of our project to a national
-- or even international -- level.  The difficulty is that we do not
currently have the expertise in-house to identify bees outside of our own
geographical area.  If anyone would be interested in getting involved, or
knows anyone who would be interested, we would love to talk with them.
Thank you for any suggestions you can offer!

     --Michael--

Office for Mathematics, Science, and Technology Education
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
MSTE website: http://mste.illinois.edu
{Office #: 217-244-7148} {Cell #: 217-621-5783}
=========== mmckelve at mste.illinois.edu ===========
Current diversion: Scott Pilgrim (http://scottpilgrimthemovie.com/)

On