[Pollinator] Honduran emerald hummingbird proposed for listing - info requested

Savignano, Dolores dolores_savignano at fws.gov
Mon Jan 14 06:31:42 PST 2013

On January 2, 2013, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS), under the
authority of the U.S. Endangered
Species Act of 1973, as amended (Act), announced a proposed rule to list
the Honduran emerald
hummingbird as endangered under the Act (see
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-01-02/pdf/2012-31095.pdf )

We are seeking information, data, and comments from the public and the
scientific community on this proposed rule.  We intend that any final
actions resulting from this proposed rule
will be based on the best scientific and commercial data available.

To ensure that we are able to consider your comments on this proposed
rule, they must be received or postmarked on or before March 4, 2013.

You may submit comments by one of the following methods:
•       Federal eRulemaking Portal:  http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the
instructions for submitting comments on Docket No.
FWS-R9-ES-2009-0094.
•       U.S. mail or hand-delivery:  Public Comments Processing, Attn:
FWS-R9-ES-2009-0094, Division of Policy and Directives Management;
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 4401 N. Fairfax Drive, MS 2042–PDM;
Arlington, VA 22203.

We will not accept comments by e-mail or fax. We will post all
comments on http://www.regulations.gov. This generally means that we
will post any personal information you provide us (see the Information
Requested section in the announcement for more information).

If you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact
Amy_Brisendine at fws.gov.