[Pollinator] Shared from BBC News - Bees favorite plants identified

Bonnie Harper-Lore bonnielore at comcast.net
Fri Oct 18 09:17:41 PDT 2013

Let's remember that the plant species that attract bees in Europe,
are not likely the same in the  United States.

Native bee populations were thriving long before Europeans (also my ancestors) came to
North America and long before lavenders were planted in our gardens.

One size does not fit all and each region of the United States is likely
to enjoy a unique suite of bee-attacting plants appropriate for gardens.

We still have a lot to learn,
Bonnie L. Harper-Lore
Restoration Ecologist