[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 09/11/13 (Nature's Couplets)

Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH) research at hiltonpond.org
Mon Sep 23 13:29:17 PDT 2013

(Can anyone on the Pollinator list identify the fly on the Elephantopus in this week's installment?)

It's September and organisms are starting that all-important shift from hot days of the summer reproductive season to the relative inactivity of cold weather months. We found lots of plants and animals and other things transitioning "This Week at Hilton Pond, and they all seemed to come in couplets. To view our latest photo essay about bird and wildflowers and insects and cryptogams (NOT cryptogams), please take a peek at the installment for 11-20 September 2013 at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek130911.html

While there don't forget to scroll down for our usual tally of birds banded and recaptured during the period (including hummingbirds), plus several miscellaneous nature notes and a long list of contributors to our still-active September fundraising effort for Hilton Pond Center and Operation RubyThroat.

Happy (Autumn) Nature Watching

BILL

P.S. Please "Like" our new Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond for timely updates on nature topics. Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond.

=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR., D.Sci.
Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org