[Pollinator] Bumblebee in spider's web rescued by other bumblebee

Robbin Thorp rwthorp at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 30 15:56:55 PDT 2014

Liz:
Good catch.  I agree with your take on the action scene of bumble bees and
spider.  The blurry video does not show the sting protruding from the
second bumble bee, but a bit of leg fortuitously positioned behind the tip
of the abdomen as you suggest.  If were the sting, it should be at least
slightly recurved upwards in this profile view, not straight as shown in
the video.

Regards,	Robbin
--
Robbin Thorp