[Pollinator] Bumble bee Allergic Reactions

Droege, Sam sdroege at usgs.gov
Wed May 28 11:33:51 PDT 2014

All:

I too have found some nests to be aggressive (B. pensylvanicus!!!!) and
most not.  That said, I have yet to hear of anyone having an allergic
reaction of the magnitude that causes death from a Bombus sting (as apposed
to Honey bee or Yellowjacket), does anyone have access to definitive
studies of the degree of re-activity (or whatever might be the term) to
different Bombus venoms?

sam

*Bees are Not Optional*

*Apes sunt et non liberum*