[Pollinator] FW: [GRAYMAIL] Fwd: Bee hotels may not be that good

lkuder at umd.edu lkuder at umd.edu
Thu Apr 9 15:21:14 PDT 2015

Hi Peter,

I’m interested in pursuing this topic as well but so far have found few examples in the literature.

Attached are two techniques that have had some success. One is the creation of scrapes or mini bays and the other involves the formation of sand dunes. I am in the process of experimenting with adobe nesting blocks for anthophorine bees, similar to those used by Suzanne Batra. Perhaps in a few months I too will have positive results to share.

Hope these serve as inspiration,

Lisa Kuder

University of MD