[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 05/20/15 (Daisy Fleabane & Friends)

Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH) research at hiltonpond.org
Mon Jun 8 11:36:15 PDT 2015

“This Week at Hilton Pond” I went out into our front yard “wilderness” and encountered a patch of Daisy Fleabane--a native and neglected composite that sprung up after spring rains. Aiming my macro lens at its flowers, leaves, and stems I discovered each plant was its own little ecosystem, complete with pollinators and folivores, nectar-eaters and sap-suckers, and predators and prey. For a look at some of these fascinating little creatures, please visit my latest photo essay for 20-31 May 2015 at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek150520.html <http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek150520.html>

While there don’t forget to scroll down for a tally of birds banded during the period, plus an interesting list of returning Ruby-throated Hummingbirds. As always we include miscellaneous nature notes about birds and other things.

Happy Nature Watching,

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond <http://www.facebook.com/HiltonPond> for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at http://www.facebook.com/rubythroats <http://www.facebook.com/rubythroats>