[Pollinator] El Camino College Earth Day 2015

R. A. Fagan fishfagan7 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 23:02:17 PDT 2015

 Dear Friends and Neighbors:  The El Camino Horticulture & Environmental Club willbe sponsoring the 2015 Earth Day Program on the campus of El Camino CollegeApril 22, 2015.   We cordially invite you to come and be our specialguest at this event.  Earth Day has become a celebration of 'Mother Nature' and thediversity of natural resources that exist on our Earth.  It is a time to reflect and educate citizens aboutthe crucial need for stewardship and conservation for our planet.  Various businesses, government agencies,nonprofits and the El Camino family are coming together to  showcase the efforts that are in place thatensure that our planet will be able to sustain life as we know it. This year, we will bring together on array of displaysshowcasing Earth friendly services and products.  The participating organizations will be setup on the grassy area between the student center and the library, from 9:30 AMuntil 5:00 PM.  In addition there will bea number of workshops held inside the East Lounge.  Here is a list of a partial list of workshopsthat will be available on that day:·        Soil testing·        Fishing·        Composting·        Container/vertical gardening,·        Scuba diving·        Irrigation during a drought·        Watershed management,·        Urban forestry, ·        Camping, ·        Native plant cultivation·        HorticulturalTherapy In the East Lounge, companies from the natural foodindustry will showcase their products.  Wehave planned discussions about food preservation and nutrition strategies, andwe will provide food tasting opportunities. In the afternoon we will show conservation and stewardshipdocumentaries. Arts and Entertainment at 1:00pm will include spoken word andmusic all reflecting the celebration of our earth.  There will be art, photography, an essaycompetition, with prizes for top rated participants. The Horticulture &Environmental Club will have Earth Day T-Shirts, vegetable plants, and otherrelated items for sale. Local businesses and alumni have all come together to help sponsor this event. This Earth Day Celebration has something foreveryone.  Our hope is that we will beable to draw support from the El Camino college family and the surroundingcommunity. We have commitments from local television and radio stations to providemedia coverage for this event.  We arededicated to seeing this event become an annual activity.  This event is a celebration Mother Nature’s amazingdiversity.  In that light, we believe inthe importance of helping to cultivate and grow a spirit of stewardship of ourearth on our campus and in the surrounding community. We look forward togreeting you on April 22, 2015 at the El Camino College Earth DayCelebration.   ReginaldFaganCoordinator of Earth Day Project310-920-8047