[Pollinator] Monarchs and tulips

Barbara Passero bpassero at meadowmaking.org
Wed Dec 14 08:15:40 PST 2016

Hi all,

I receive Journey North and Journey South newsletters. In one project to
save monarchs, students plant tulips (Tulip Test Garden News: December 14,
2016 jn-news at learner.org) in their schoolyards.

Pardon my question since I may bee way off the mark. I used to grow many
varieties of tulips in northern Ohio, but I never saw a Monarch on a tulip,
and I haven't seen monarchs on tulips in New England. Are tulips a source of
interest for monarchs, except where I live?

Sincerely, Barbara

Barbara Passero, Director
MEADOWSCAPING for Biodiversity
174 Moody St. #244