[Pollinator] The Amateur Anthecologist: Floral Visitors

Travis O enoster at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:56:36 PDT 2016

Hello,

The following is a link to a variety of photos of Oregon native bees and honeybees on Oregon native and nonnative plants, with some cynical commentary on the subject. Of course I'll be preaching to the choir when I say that something must be done to help the pollinators. I feel it is necessary to reduce the problem to an economic issue, hence my reference of the Xerces Society study in 2006 (Losey et al. 2006) estimating $57 billion in ecological services provided by insects annually (including pest reduction by predatory/parasitoid insects), since it is clear that economy is more important than environment in the minds of many. Conservation needs to become a profitable endeavor on a scale much larger than is currently possible.

http://www.amateuranthecologist.com/2016/07/floral-visitors-xx.html

Travis Owen
Rogue River, OR

www.amateuranthecologist.com