[Pollinator] Monarch sighting in Waltham, MA!

Barbara Passero bpassero at meadowmaking.org
Tue Jul 5 19:30:10 PDT 2016

Hi all,

As partners with the Waltham (MA) YMCA, Meadowscaping for Biodiversity is showing 4th and 5th grade day campers in the Waltham Y Meadow Club how to plant a healthy native plant meadow and the ingredients for meadowmaking. So far, we’ve planted about 25 plants with the children. They LOVE the whole planting process, from picking a flower to digging the hole to watering the plant.

This is the second week of the Meadow Club, and today we saw a Monarch butterfly flutter around us for a few minutes and then fly off. We were so excited—this is the first Monarch I’ve seen this year!

Should we report this sighting to anyone?

Sincerely, Barbara

Barbara Passero, Director
MEADOWSCAPING for Biodiversity
174 Moody St. #244