[Pollinator] Arctostaphylos viscida ecology with emphasis on pollination ecology in SW OR

Travis O enoster at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:03:30 PDT 2016

Hello,

In SW Oregon, the chaparral/woodland shrub Arctostaphylos viscida (sticky whiteleaf manzanita) is in full bloom, and is a major boon to local pollinators. A conspicuous feature of many of the flowers are the holes in the sides of the flowers from nectar thieves (certain bees). I've written a brief article about the ecology of A. viscida with emphasis on pollination ecology (anthecology) with many photos. I hope you enjoy it, find it here:

http://goo.gl/Lvh4jo

Thank you!

Travis Owen
Rogue River, OR