[Pollinator] Pacific Grove: It's time for the monarch count

Bonnie Harper-Lore bonnielore at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 10:00:41 PST 2016

Please know that the planting of tropical milkweed is not welcome in the central United States either!
The common milkweed, Aesclepias syriaca is the mainstay for monarchs in the central flyway.
Our concern is the planting of the tropical milkweed will lead to an invasive plant problem and also not be a healthy food source for monarch larva.
Related milkweeds that are native to the central migratory route include: butterflyweed, whorled milkweed, and swamp milkweed.

Bonnie L. Harper-Lore