[Pollinator] New database of pesticide research

Aimee Code aimee at xerces.org
Fri Apr 28 09:24:40 PDT 2017

I am pleased to announce the launch of our new database of summaries of
research studies on pesticides. Please see the short announcement below,
and visit the database here: http://pesticideimpacts.org/.

In an effort to keep up with the constantly expanding information available
about pesticides and their impacts on pollinators and other invertebrates,
the Xerces Society created the *Impacts of Pesticides on Invertebrates
<http://pesticideimpacts.org/>* database (IPI). The database is a
collection of summaries of recent research articles. Most studies are
focused on the effects that pesticides have on invertebrates, primarily
pollinators and aquatic species. While many of the articles discuss
neonicotinoids, research about other pesticides is also included. For
example, we include articles that have expanded our understanding of the
risks that fungicides (generally considered practically not-toxic to bees)
pose to both native and managed bee populations.

The IPI database will be updated with new articles frequently as relevant
research is released. This project grew out of our report *How
Neonicotinoids Can Kill Bees* <http://xerces.org/neonicotinoids-and-bees/> to
serve as an extended bibliography and as a way to keep the public updated
on the latest science. If you would like to recommend an article for
inclusion in the database please contact us at pesticides at xerces.org. We
hope that this database will serve as a valuable resource for people
seeking to better understand how pesticides can affect invertebrate
populations and the broader ecosystems that they support.

Aimée Code

Pesticide Program Director

*The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation*

628 NE Broadway Suite 200, Portland, OR 97232, USA

*aimee at xerces.org <aimee at xerces.org>*

Tel: (541) 232-9767

Fax: (503) 233-6794

Connect with Xerces:

*xerces.org <http://www.xerces.org/>*          *Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Xerces-Society/193182577358618>*
          *E-newsletter <http://www.xerces.org/enewsletters/>*
 *Twitter
<https://twitter.com/xerces_society>*

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation is an international
nonprofit organization that protects wildlife through the conservation of
invertebrates and their habitat.To join the Society, make a donation, or
read about our work, please visit www.xerces.org.