[Pollinator] FW: New app about Native Bees

Kelly Rourke kr at pollinator.org
Wed Jul 5 13:11:26 PDT 2017

------------------------------

*From:* Robbin Thorp
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:49 PM
*To:* pollinator at lists.sonic.net
*Subject:* New app about Native Bees

Pollinator Week has just ended, but we need to keep pollinators in mind
throughout the year.  A new mobile app is being developed to help the
public recognize many of the important native bees that can be seen on
flowers.  Support it if you can.

The Center for Food Safety is Building a Free App for Native Bees!

*Center for Food Safety is working to develop an innovative mobile app
called Wild Bee ID, designed to educate and inspire users about our
thousands of species of native bees and what we can all do to help conserve
these essential pollinators.* The app is user-friendly, visually engaging,
and highly informative, making it the ideal tool for students, home
gardeners, and bee enthusiasts of all ages.

*We’re crowdfunding Wild Bee ID, and we need your support! By donating to
our Indiegogo campaign, you’re joining a team protecting our bees, our
food, and inspiring a whole new community of pollinator-protection
advocates.*

*Please chip in today to help us build this innovative mobile app >>
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tCc7qSpyYwHXz3u12J4Y39JsgIbfQUBd>*

Wild Bee ID will be your go-to app to identify native bees and
pollinator-friendly habitats. It’s filled with high-resolution images of
native bees and the flowers they visit; background on the different bee
life cycles, anatomy, and nesting requirements; and concrete steps you can
take to help protect pollinators.

*By supporting our crowdfunding campaign, you’re helping to bring Wild Bee
ID to home gardens and schools across the U.S. Help us create a vast
network of citizen entomologists working to identify, support, and protect
our wild bees!
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kKfl%2BAidLRgge5ycAuM15dJsgIbfQUBd>*

Thanks for everything you do,
The Center for Food Safety pollinator team

P.S. – Get your gift bundle while they last! We’ve got everything from
stickers, garden signs, and pollinator-friendly seeds to organic tote bags,
limited-edition watercolor bumble bee prints, premium honey, and even a
private meeting with our Executive Director
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zF99biQchdLGZPKrjchCCtJsgIbfQUBd>

Regards,     Robbin

--
Robbin Thorp