[Pollinator] Support middle school team that engineered an artificial nest for ground bees!

Michelle Duennes maduennes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 10:51:42 PDT 2017

Hello pollinator listserv,

For their FIRST LEGO Robotics League competition, a team of young engineers
at Gray Middle School in Union, KY has designed an artificial nesting
habitat for solitary, ground-nesting bees to help create space for them in
urban environments. They did so well at the KY state competition that they
have been invited to compete at the North American Open Championship in
Carlsbad, CA!

Right now they are trying to raise funds to send the team to the
championship and I thought some of you might like to chip in. Here is a
link where you can donate:
https://www.donorschoose.org/project/first-lego-robotics-league-north-america/2448512/
 Any donations $50 or under made before March 16th will be matched! Make
sure to use the code LIFTOFF at checkout for the matching.

Their team Facebook page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/GrayMasterBuilders/ . If you work on solitary,
ground-nesting bees and have any input or advice on the design, I am sure
they would love to hear it. You can just email me and I can put you in
touch with their coach.

If any of you live in the Greater Cincinnati Area, they'll be testing their
design at the Cincinnati Zoo in April so you can go see it for yourself!

Cheers,
Michelle
--

    _