[Pollinator] Fwd: FW: webinar and INSECT HOTEL Challenge

Kelly Rourke kr at pollinator.org
Wed Feb 7 17:00:09 PST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thelma Redick <TRedick at wildlifehc.org>
Date: Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 8:56 AM
Subject: FW: webinar and INSECT HOTEL Challenge
To: Kelly Rourke <kr at pollinator.org>

http://www.wildlifehc.org/knowledge-resource/build-a-bug-palace/

Build a Bug Palace – Learn How Easy, Inexpensive Insect Hotels Can Enhance
Your Habitat

*February 28, 2018*
*1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST*

Register <https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1191490561745448194> ……

*What is an Insect Hotel? *Part art, part habitat, insect (or bug) hotels
are quickly catching on as an inexpensive, easy and fun way to provide
food, shelter, and nesting and hibernation space to all manner of bugs:
native bees, lacewings, beetles, ladybugs, etc.

Join us for the webinar on how to easily and inexpensively build an Insect
Hotel on your site. And then, enter your hotel in our “Best of” challenge
<http://www.wildlifehc.org/insect-hotel-challenge-entry-form/>!

*[image:
http://www.wildlifehc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/NYER_hotel4-300x274.jpg]*
<http://www.wildlifehc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/NYER_hotel4.jpg>*Why
an Insect Hotel?*

·         These bug accommodations provide interesting, beautiful
structures that complement their natural settings

·         They provide valuable habitat for bugs that are pollinators, or
play other critical roles in your habitat

·         They offer an opportunity for hands-on employee and/or community
engagement

·         Unlike most luxury hotels, they’re cheap – you don’t have to
break the bank to build them, and most of the materials can be from
resourced from your lands

*Learn How to Build Your Own Insect Hotel *This webinar will give you the
basic knowledge you need to create and easy, inexpensive Insect Hotel.
You’ll also learn how an Insect Hotel can enhance your Conservation
Certification grasslands, landscaping or pollinator projects, and how you
can use these buggy domiciles as part of your education projects as well.

*We’re looking for the Best Insect Hotels *We want to see your bug
accommodations! Enter your project
<http://www.wildlifehc.org/insect-hotel-challenge-entry-form/> in our
search for the best ones! Winners will be announced at this year’s
Conservation Conference, Nov. 13-14. Categories include:

·         Best Large Size Hotel

·         Best Small to Mid Size Hotel

·         Best Use of Found Materials

·         Best Overall Design

*Thelma E. Redick*
Senior Director, Conservation Content & Partnerships
WILDLIFE HABITAT COUNCIL

*E*  tredick at wildlifehc.org

*T*  412.264.3611 <(412)%20264-3611>

M: 412.720-4409 <(412)%20720-4409>