[Pollinator] Pollinator Week -- yay!

Matthew Shepherd matthew.shepherd at xerces.org
Mon Jun 17 07:19:30 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for caring about pollinators and doing things to help
them. If, like me, you’ve been involved with pollinator conservation for a
long time, you’ll remember when people looked at you as if you were crazy
when you stood up and said “hey, what about bees?” The term “bee guy”
wasn’t always applied with enthusiasm (“look out, here comes the bee guy”).
But now there is a whole week dedicated to recognizing the unseen heroes of
our world—bees, flies, butterflies, beetles, and other insects—and a whole
lot of people taking steps to reduce pesticides use, expand habitat, and
engage more people in the movement. It’s very cool.

Throughout Pollinator Week, the Xerces Society will be posting information
on our blog about pollinator conservation. Please do check it out each day
to see what fresh information there is. Today’s blog is Bring Back the
Pollinators During National Pollinator Week
<https://xerces.org/2019/06/17/pollinator-week/>,
https://xerces.org/2019/06/17/pollinator-week/

You can also follow us on social media: @xercessociety on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/xercessociety>, Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/xercessociety/> or Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/xercessociety/?hl=en>.

Thanks!

Matthew

----------

Matthew Shepherd

Director of Communications & Outreach

[image: Email-Outlook_Xerces-logo-CMYK]

Protecting the Life That Sustains Us

Connect with us @xercessociety on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/xercessociety/>, Twitter
<https://twitter.com/xercessociety>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/xercessociety/?hl=en>.

Visit www.xerces.org to read our blog <http://www.xerces.org/blog/>, sign
up for our e-newsletter
<https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001HTk7N6nZumLPinBr8VACbNdTXCe732bGu6KpqC13JAKPti_HBe5xyr7t0p4mDfKe2dOsd-TB1qvv772s6GQfVa_SbKKfwBiwl4blH4KvCjq4dpmA2M9UNZ2axlQwu_1Gvjrl2Rb53WUZwsddwCzyorgxedLAaMy3>,
and find out how you can protect invertebrates.

Watch us on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAiPLPJuySOgn6CbjkOxqLQ>.

Support our work: Donate <https://xerces.org/donate/>!

628 NE Broadway, Suite 200,   Portland, OR 97232,   USA

Office: (503) 232-6639 x110

Cell: (503) 807-1577

matthew.shepherd at xerces.org