[Pollinator] HERBICIDES vs. INVASIVES

Bonnie Harper-Lore bonnielore at comcast.net
Mon Mar 25 15:01:02 PDT 2019

Another well-researched weed control guide if part of the 2013 handbook, “Vegetation Management: An Ecoregional Approach" done by the Federal Highway Administration for the use of all 50 State DOTs includes a chapter on
“On How to Control 40 Invasive Plants” with specific chemical and non-chemical  treatments for each weed.  SPOT-SPRAYING ONLY is implied.

The integrated management recommendations on pages 201-205  were researched and authored by Ian Heap, Joe DiTomaso and Dave Nelson for vegetation managers and contractors.

Pages 201 - 211 also include the use of grazing, biocontrols and prescribed burns.
Actual partnership examples and agreements are included in pages 224-231.

Check out the FHWA website https://www.environment.fhwa.dot.gov <https://www.environment.fhwa.dot.gov/>

Sharing information so we don’t have to keep recreating the wheel,
Bonnie Harper-Lore
Restoration Ecologist, Ret.