[Pollinator] New pollinator-related articles from the Xerces blog

Matthew Shepherd matthew.shepherd at xerces.org
Fri Apr 24 07:23:59 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Continuing our Earth Week series, here are some more recent
pollinator-related articles from the Xerces blog:

*Nebraska Bumble Bee Atlas: Doing a Little to Impact the Whole*

Walking around Nebraska prairies in the summer of 2019, you might have been
lucky enough to witness large groups of people swinging bug nets, and
wondered what they were doing with such great enthusiasm. These community
scientists—members of our community with any level of scientific
experience—were learning how to participate in the Nebraska Bumble Bee
Atlas.

Read more at
https://xerces.org/blog/nebraska-bumble-bee-atlas-doing-little-to-impact-whole

*Tracking Butterfly Populations through Community Science*

Last year, the Xerces Society partnered with the Cascade-Siskiyou National
Monument to launch the Cascade-Siskiyou Butterfly Monitoring Network.
Though the 2020 field season is facing uncertainty, there are still ways
for you to get involved with butterfly research where you live.

Read more at
https://xerces.org/blog/tracking-butterfly-populations-through-community-science

*Start Now To Prevent Mosquito-Borne Disease and Keep Our Pollinators Safe*

As the weather warms and spring rains come down, everything starts to wake
up. Along with April flowers, mosquitoes might also start emerging. While
the buzz of a bumble bee is often welcome, the buzz of a circling mosquito
is not—especially if there is a risk of mosquito-borne disease.

Read more at
https://xerces.org/blog/earth-week-start-now-to-prevent-mosquito-borne-disease-and-keep-pollinators-safe

You can also find these and other Earth Week blogs on our website, at
https://xerces.org/earth-week

And, of course, you can follow us on social media, where you’ll get
notifications of new blogs, useful information, and more. We are
@xercessociety on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/xercessociety/>,
Twitter <https://twitter.com/xercessociety>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/xercessociety/?hl=en>.

Stay well,

Matthew

----------

Matthew Shepherd

Director of Communications & Outreach

*he/him/his*

[image: Email-Outlook_Xerces-logo-CMYK]

Protecting the Life That Sustains Us

Connect with us @xercessociety on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/xercessociety/>, Twitter
<https://twitter.com/xercessociety>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/xercessociety/?hl=en>.

Visit xerces.org to read our blog <https://xerces.org/blog>, sign up for
our e-newsletter
<https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001HTk7N6nZumLPinBr8VACbNdTXCe732bGu6KpqC13JAKPti_HBe5xyr7t0p4mDfKe2dOsd-TB1qvv772s6GQfVa_SbKKfwBiwl4blH4KvCjq4dpmA2M9UNZ2axlQwu_1Gvjrl2Rb53WUZwsddwCzyorgxedLAaMy3>,
and find out how you can protect invertebrates.

Watch us on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAiPLPJuySOgn6CbjkOxqLQ>.

Support our work: Donate <https://xerces.org/donate/>!

628 NE Broadway, Suite 200,   Portland, OR 97232,   USA

Office: (503) 232-6639 x110

Cell: (503) 807-1577

matthew.shepherd at xerces.org