[Pollinator] Project GNBee -- mapping ground-nesting bee aggregations

Lora Morandin lm at pollinator.org
Fri May 12 08:39:08 PDT 2023

See message below from Bryan:

Dear Pollinator Enthusiasts,

Our lab has recently initiated a community science project focused on
mapping (and ultimately conserving) aggregations of ground-nesting bees
using the iNaturalist platform. We are calling this “Project GNBee” and we
would like to spread the word among colleagues and prospective partners.
Here are some links to give you more background on the project:

GNBee website <https://www.gnbee.org/>

iNaturalist project
<https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/ground-nesting-bees-3e6882c0-a112-4ddb-b043-1da25638ce96>

Would you please spread the word? We would also be interested in your
thoughts on the project and how we can improve and expand it. The project
will help us understand how factors like topography and soil
characteristics impact the locations of nesting aggregations and may allow
us to create suitable nesting habitat in the future. We also hope that the
project will lead to conservation efforts focused on protecting sites that
host large aggregations of ground-nesting, wild bees.

For further inquiries and suggestions please contact the project lead,
Jordan Kueneman, at groundnestingbees at gmail.com.

Thanks for your help and feedback,

Bryan Danforth

---------------------------------------
Bryan N. Danforth, Professor
Department of Entomology
3124 Comstock Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY  14853-2601
phone: 607-255-3563/FAX: 607-255-0939
email: bnd1 at cornell.edu
Lab website:
http://www.danforthlab.entomology.cornell.edu/
The Solitary Bees: Biology, Evolution, Conservation
https://press.princeton.edu/titles/13525.html
The Bee Course (2023):
https://www.thebeecourse.org/
---------------------------------------
Lora Morandin, Ph.D.
Associate Director
Pollinator Partnership
600 Montgomery St. Ste 440
San Francisco, CA 94111

www.pollinator.org

o: 415-362-1137

c: 778-700-0868

<http://www.pollinator.org>

I am based in Victoria, BC, Canada. I respectfully acknowledge that I live
and work on the lands of the lək̓ʷəŋən Peoples (Songhees and Esquimalt
First Nations) whose historical relationships with the land continue to
this day.
<http://www.pollinatorpartnership.ca>