[atariparty] Venue search: story so far

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Jan 30 15:00:01 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:06:53AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Aside from one long-tume member encouraging me to ask un
> the first place, there's been zero response... dunno if
> that's good or bad. :^/

Well, bad news.  The rules about 501(c)7 and the amount
of funding a group can take at one time prevents this
from happening.

I've contacted the CS Club @ UC Davis to see if they'd
be willing to sponsor us -- I think the simplest solution
for them would be helping get us hosted in some rooms
in a building at UCD.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone here would be
willing to donate anything towards renting a venue.
(I'll also ask the subscribers of 'atariparty-news',
which includes more than just us few volunteers who've
bothered subscribing here so far.)

-bill!