[atariparty] Possible table arrangement, plus what we're missing (long story short: displays)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Feb 24 12:33:22 PST 2010

So I took all of the systems and all of the gear everyone is
bringing, and shoved it into a spreadsheet representing
spaces at each of the five tables that will be available
at the Redwood Park building (four 8' rect plus one 5' oval).

I matched everyone's sytem to everyone's displays and other
gear, to try and see how they could fit and what might be
missing.  (We need 8 displays; see below.)

I tried to keep everyone's stuff together as much as possible,
but in some cases one person's system is hooked to another's monitor.
I'm assuming here that we could fit one system per foot-width of
table (two for handhelds), but it may not be that simple.
So between that, and the general anarchy of this event, the
following is obviously not set in stone. :)  It was mostly
an exercise in seeing: "what are we missing?"

Table 1:
* Ben's 1200XL + Ben's Commodore Monitor #1
* Ben's 800 + Ben's Commodore Monitor #2
* Ben's 130XE + Ben's Commodore Monitor #3
* Ben's 800XL + Bob's LCD TV #2
* Sal's 800XL #1 + Sal's Commodore Monitor #1 + Sal's Stereo
* Sal's 800XL #2 + Sal's Commodore Monitor #2
* Sal's 600XL #1 + Sal's Commodore Monitor #3
* Sal's 600XL #2 + Sal's Commodore Monitor #4

Table 2:
* Bill's 7800 + Bill's TV
* Zach's 2600 + Zach's TV
* Bill's "TV Paddle Games" + Robert's Monitor #1
* Matt's Intellivison + !?!??!
* Matt's 2600Jr + !?!??!
* Bill's 2600 + !??!?!  [might need another RF switchbox?]
* Bill's Flashback 2 + Robert's Monitor #2

Table 3:
* Bob's 130XE + Bob's 20"TV #1 + Bob's XF drives
* Bob's 1200XL + Bob's Teknika
* Bob's 800 + Bob's LCD TV #1
* Bill's 1200XL + Bill's Amdek
* Bill's 800 + Bill's Commodore Monitor  [I need a video cable!]
* Sal's 800 + !?!??!
* Sal's 130XE #1 + Sal's LCD
* Sal's 130XE #2 + !?!??!

Table 4:
* John's Jaguar + Bob's 20"TV #2
* Philip's 1040ST + Philip's SC1224 monitor + Philip's Speakers
* Sellam's Video Pinball + !?!??!
* Sellam's Home Pong + !?!??!
* Sellam's Atari Video Music + !?!??! + Sellam's Stereo
* Bill's Lynx #1 + Bill's PC Speakers #1
* Bill's Lynx #2 + Bill's PC Speakers #2
* Matt's Lynx
* Marianne's Lynx
* Bill's GP2X
* Bill's GBA

Oval Table:
* Bill's Jaguar
* Bill's PlayStation 2
* Bill's 800XL
Swapping them all between:
  + Sal's Widescreen
  + LUGOD's Projector + Bill's stereo

So we currently seem to need:
  - Six (6) RF-capable displays with sound (old TVs would suffice)
  - Two (2) RF- or composite-capable displays with sound
    (any TV would work, though those with composite inputs preferred;
    or composite monitors)
  - One (1) Atari composite video cable
  - Possibly at least one RF switchbox

Thanks!

-bill!
PS - You folks are all way too quiet. ;)  No comments on
scheduling or volunteer topics from the past coupla days?