[atariparty] Plans for 2011

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jan 5 15:21:03 PST 2011

Hi all!  So the Blanchard Meeting room at the public library
here in Davis is available again, now that the library has
re-opened.  If you remember the first Atari Party from 2009,
it's that same room... except now it's about 250sqft larger,
includes a small conference room in back (behind a door),
and has its own built-in ceiling-mounted projector.

So that means we have a LOT more space, a little bit of
private space, and the possibility to have two projectors
going.

Personally, I recently picked up an Atari 800 from someone,
and will be getting some more (random, unknown) Atari stuff
from a friend this weekend, and possibly from one of the
librarians here in Davis.  (I was there for Linux-group-related
purposes, and she happened to ask "are you part of an Atari club?" ;) )

Furthermore, I received a voicemail yesterday from the company
that we rented TRON from last year, asking if we'd like to do
another spring screening (not sure if she meant TRON specifically,
or just "some movie").

The library venue is free, unless we go after-hours; but even
then, last I saw it was only $10/hr, which is nice.  Oh, plus
something like $10 to have food.  Renting a movie for a screening
is not.  So sponsors again this year would be nice, if we want
to do that...

To help my Atarian buddy Ben take part, I'm aiming for some
time in May.  (Plus, I can use my birthday as an excuse. ;) )

      May 2011
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 8  9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

I don't see any weekend holidays:
http://www.yolocounty.org/Index.aspx?page=595

Their hours are:
  Saturday: 10:00am - 5:30pm
    Sunday:  1:00pm - 5:00pm

so a Saturday would be a good day.  If we run in(to) the
evening (i.e., not fully out of there, ready for them to
lock the building), we'd need to pay for some after-hours
usage.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a line with these random bits of
news.  Happy New Year!

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer