[atariparty] Swank movie screening & sponsorship

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jan 20 10:35:22 PST 2011

A new account executive at Swank Motion Pictures called me a week or so
ago, and I also received an introduction letter from her in the mail,
asking whether I'd like to screen a film again this May.

So I just sent her a (verbose!) email explaining what the event is,
and asking about whether we'd be able to benefit from a discount for
screening the film at the local library.  (Something that was mentioned
last year, but not possible since we couldn't hold the event at the library,
due to rennovation.)  I explained that I'm doing this event as an
individual, and it's not an official library event, but hopefully that
won't matter (again, since the topic was brought up last year by my previous
account exec.).

In any case, I'd still prefer to have a little help paying for a screening,
if we do do it again this year, since this is basically an out-of-pocket
event for me.  I'll see if anyone who helped last year would be willing
to help out again this year (in return for their sponsorship being
listed on the website & on flyers at the event itself).

Also, I've already hit up one person for a possible give-away item at
this year's event (a useful doo-dad to help make a classic Atari 8-bit
computer system more accessible), and it sounds like that's gonna work out!
I'll see if any of last year's sponsors (e.g., Thinkgeek) would like to help
again this year.

If you have any other ideas or contacts, or want to help $-wise or otherwise,
speak up! Thanks all!

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer