[atariparty] Movie this year

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jan 21 17:46:28 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 05:38:07PM -0800, Tony Cesnik wrote:
>    That seems horrendously expensive for a movie rental.

Tron cost something like $250 last year.  This is the price one needs to pay
to legitimately (keep MPAA happy) publically screen a film.  Outdoor
screenings (they do it once a week for a few months in late summer at
central park here in Davis), or larger audiences, apparently cost even more.

Last year a number of individuals helped me out with the costs of renting
the venue (it was much higher last year than 2009 or planned-2011, because
we had to rent a City of Davis facility; I'm aiming for public library again)
and paying to screen the movie.

I'm hoping I can garner the same sponsorship this year.
If not, then I'm fine without a movie.  It's just a fun bonus to have!

-bill!