[atariparty] Dates in May

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jan 24 22:13:27 PST 2011

So dates:

  May 7th  - weekend after cinco de mayo
    UC Davis kids might still be partying

  May 14th - weekend of Pin-A-Go-Go in Dixon
    Want to avoid conflict for folks who want to go to both events

  May 21st
    Bob from ABACUS in SF can't make it ;)

  May 28th - weekend before Memorial Day
    This may be a pro _or_ a con, especially for out-of-towners

Any further feedback on what dates do & don't work for folks?
(Especially those who want to help setup/breakdown/exhibit.)

Some random facts regarding times:

  (1) Library hours on Saturday are 10am - 5:30pm.
      Unless they STILL haven't figured out their new security system,
      we can simply pay to use the room after-hours ($10/hr).

  (2) "Cloak and Dagger" is 101 minutes, so we'd want approx. 2hr
      (probably at the end) to screen it, if we end up doing so.
      It could also be used for the dual purpose of cleaning up,
      like we did during "Tron" last year.

  (3) In 2009, we ran from 6pm to 9pm.  I think I started setting up at 5,
      and paid $10 to use the room after hours (9pm-10pm) to clean up.

  (4) In 2010, we ran from 12pm to 8pm, and had the room from 10am-12pm for
      setup, and 8pm-9pm for clean-up.

So, time-wise, it could be something like this, at the maximum:

  10:00am - 12:00pm setup
  12:00pm -  6:00pm games
   6:00pm -  7:50pm movie
   7:50pm -  9:00pm clean-up (technical limit, but we'll have the key)

Or, at the minimum (with movie):

  10:00am -  3:00pm setup + games
   3:00pm -  4:50pm movie
   4:50pm -  5:30pm clean-up (rushed; hard limit to leave!)

(and without movie):

  10:00am -  4:30pm setup + games
   4:30pm -  5:30pm clean-up (hard limit to leave)

BTW, for those who came last year, but not in 2009, the library's
parking lot is right next to the building, and there's an extrance into
the meeting room right off the sidewalk (as well as the main entrance,
which is just inside the library).  This means a LOT less walking than
last year (at the Redwood Community Park building).

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer