[atariparty] NOT May 21st, at least not at the library

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Feb 23 15:36:27 PST 2011

The Public Library in Davis has some library meeting that's going on
until 1pm on May 21st.  (And something else in the adjoining conference
room that I'd like to use, until 11:30.)  Unfortunately, despite walking
right into the library the moment it opened, 3 months and 1 day in advance,
I'm still trumped, because the scheduled event is a _library_ one, and not
a 3rd-party one (like Atari Party or my Linux User Group's meetings).

They are unsure whether after-hours use will be possible, even in May,
since they're having issues with their security system.  The library
closes at 5:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays, and 4.5hr is NOT enough time
for the event (including steup, cleanup, a 2hr movie, and a 1hr40m movie). :)

The following day, Sunday May 22nd, is not possible for a similar
reason.  The library's hours are only 1pm-5:30pm on Sundays
(vs. 10am-5:30pm on Saturdays)

I've received a grand total of $300 in donations for the event,
though 1/2 of that ($150) will be spent on a movie, if we do it.
However, a movie isn't the _point_ of the event, it's just abonus.

Last year, it cost $282 to rent the Redwood Park building, so worst
case scenario, we can do that again, and forego the movie.

Alternatively, we could try some other Saturday (10am-5:30pm sharp)
at the Library.  I know folks didn't want me to do it the 14th due to
Pin-A-Go-Go, but that's a 2- or 3-day long event, isn't it? ;)

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer