[atariparty] Non-exhibitor voluteers needed, to!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Feb 12 00:33:24 PST 2015

I'm extremely pleased by all the folks volunteering to come bring
their game systems & computers to this year's Atari Party.

I wanted to make sure we get the other bases covered, too!
If you don't own any Ataris, or don't want to lug TVs & equipment,
but still want to help, here's how you can!

 * Greeters / raffle ticket distributors
   We need at least one person, at all times, set up at a table at the
   entrance of the Blanchard room to make sure everyone who walks in gets
   a pair of raffle tickets, decided what prize(s) they want a chance at
   winning, and puts half of each ticket in the appropriate receptacle(s).

   So, we'll need at least one 'relief' person, to make sure no one person
   is trapped at the table all day (so they can use the restroom, eat lunch,
   etc.)

 * Ushers / helpers
   Attendees will get confused by games, not know where to go to find X or Y,
   and children may lose track of their parents/guardians.  So having some
   ushers walking around to help would be great.

 * Exhibitor relief
   The volunteers coming to exhibit stuff often have multiple systems,
   dozens & dozens of cartridges &/or disks/discs, and it's often all
   from their personal & prized collections -- they don't want them
   broken, mistreated, or stolen!  But, they also have to eat lunch & use
   the restroom, too... and might want to check out everyone else's exhibits!

   So, some trustworthy people to fill in for exhibitors are needed, too!
   You don't have to be experienced with the particular systems & games,
   just a warm body & pair of eyes to make sure nothing gets broken or
   vanishes off the table.

So... who can help!?

--
-bill!