[atariparty] FOLKS! We have a date! and a location! (which is kinda the big thing!)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Sep 20 10:36:38 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 05:47:31PM -0700, Marlin Bates wrote:
> Folks,
>
> It is with a heavy heart that I have to postpone the Atari Party
> (of Davis).  My deepest apologies.  I just cannot marshal the
> resources to get this done at the current time.  I am hopeful that I
> can find a future date.  I was hoping to be able to pull it off, but
> I have not even gotten flyers or commitments from enough people to
> do it by 01 Oct.  It is my hope that I will be able to coordinate
> better in the near future, but now is not the time.  My apologies to
> all of those disappointed by this turn of events, But I would rather
> postpone and make it GREAT rather than piddle out a nothing party.
> Thanks for your understanding!

Sad to hear it! :(  Do let me know if you need help reaching out
to volunteers/etc. (or even help making a flyer -- not that I'm that
artistic, but I can whip something up in a pinch).

FYI, I've poked around the FB Atari Party Page & Group to make sure
this news was visible.  I also added an update to the old website. [*]

Good luck!

[*] https://www.facebook.com/AtariPartyDavis,
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariparty/, and
    http://newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/, respectively