[Dariens B Gd] Darien's Ballot Guide - Small corrections, new link

Darien De Lu conjoin at sonic.net
Thu Oct 8 23:48:27 PDT 2020

Dear Subscribers,
	Hello again!  Thank you very much to the two readers who brought two errors in the Guide to my attention; I try to be highly accurate.  The attached corrected documents (same document in two formats) contain those two small corrections and a few other minor changes.  There are no dramatic changes, but if you were on the line about a prop., you might want to review that entry.
	A more important correction is to provide you with information on how to make any changes in your subscription to this “list", including how to unsubscribe.  Back in March (or whenever you subscribed), you got a full set of instructions — but who can keep track of things over the last six months?
	This is a self-service emailing “list”!  You can get an entire email of information about how this list works by simply sending an email containing the one word help to dariens_ballot_guide-request at lists.sonic.net.  (To unsubscribe to this list, send the word unsubscribe to that same address.  You’ll receive a confirmation email.)
	I don’t expect to email you again for almost two years, for the next primary elections — and then only if there are propositions on that ballot.  By that time, I hope the elections process will be much healthier.
	Regardless of your candidate or proposition preferences, I hope we can agree on the importance of protecting the right of each eligible person to vote and of an accurate count of all the votes.  Those of you who have been receiving my ballot guide for decades know that I don’t usually step beyond the realm of the propositions.  However, because I am alarmed at the current situation, I provide here a link to a guide to nonviolent responses <https://files.constantcontact.com/3275cbb2501/11d9ba9e-b0c8-4527-a8d5-c707d9ad49de.pdf> to what I refer to as “election emergencies”.  If you choose to download that PDF, you might want to then take a look first at the last two pages, which offer numerous other useful links.  (I certainly understand if you’ll unwilling to click on an unknown link!  Feel free to contact me for more complete background info.)
									May we all be safe and courageous, Darien

                                     * Darien De Lu *  *  conjoin at sonic.net <mailto:conjoin at sonic.net>   *
                 * 916/739-0860, landline  — texts don’t work! *

Learn about Women's International League for Peace and Freedom:https://wilpfus.org/ <https://wilpfus.org/>.