[Grupito] : Unique volunteer opportunity

ecomujeres at aol.com ecomujeres at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 00:16:51 PDT 2010

 Saludos,

Please forgive the following message being in English.

Melóncoyote is a grassroots (or citizen) journalism projectrun entirely by volunteers that gives local Mexicans, mainly young people, theopportunity to write about environmental issues important to their communities.  To read the bulletin, in Spanish or English,visit: http://www.meloncoyote.org

I’m looking for individuals with a good working knowledge ofSpanish to help me with the  translationto English of the monthly bulletin that carries news aboutnorthwest Mexico(including the Baja peninsula).  Mostarticles are about 500-750 words long.

As the bulletin has grown in size over the first 4 issues(from 4-16 pages), I have found it harder to produce the translation by myselfin a timely fashion, create all of the HTML documents for the Website (in bothlanguages) and still get work done on my own projects, not to mention sleepingand resting every now and then!

I would love to bring together a group of dedicatedvolunteers to participate in this project as a “grassroots translation team”,to give a broader voice to these young Mexican journalists.

If you would like to participate, once or as an on-goingactivity, or if you have questions, please contact me at: ecomujeres en aol.com  as soon as possible andI will send more details.

There arearticles waiting to be adopted and translated right now!

¡Gracias!

Debra