[HECnet] Upcoming PDXVAX/MONK Outage Notice

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Aug 30 03:41:09 PDT 2008

It looks like I'll be going off-line next weekend, probably either the 6th or 7th.   I don't know how long PDXVAX and MONK will be down. I don't even know when I'll be back back on the Internet.   We just found out that we're moving yesterday and that we're to move on the 6th and 7th (we thought it was the middle of September).   Worse, I'm trying to get our phone and internet access   sorted out as I was told this morning that FIOS is the only option (I should be able to get DSL), which means I need a Verizon business line to continue getting the level of service I've had.   That will cost over twice what I'm paying now.   I suspect this is such short notice that no mater what happens I'm going to be without phone and Internet service for a while.

This hasn't been a good day.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com (primary)       | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |