[HECnet] New Nodes

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Wed Aug 20 20:36:00 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 08:16:57 Johnny Billquist wrote:
Angela Kahealani wrote:
On Wed, 2008-08-20 08:00:35 Johnny Billquist wrote:
Angela Kahealani wrote:
So, obviously my iptables ain't blocking DECnet,
so it's a mystery why I can only see:
pc:/etc# cat   /proc/net/decnet_neigh
Addr       Flags State Use Blksize Dev
1.500     ---     40       01   0001498 eth0
1.10       ---     40       01   0016434 lo
Aloha, Angela
Hmm. Is this the same machine as is running the bridge?

	Johnny

Yes, is that a problem?

Could very well be. The problem is that the bridge program cannot
exactly feed the ethernet input on the same machine as it is running,
nor hear data sent out on the ethernet port of the same machine. That
is, unless the hardware will do this for you. Some hardware do, but most
don't. So you don't see your own data, which makes it impossible for my
bridge program to handle the machine it itself is running on.

	Johnny

I have a router on the LAN, so could it all be configured
to use that to bounce packets right back?
I take it most internet routers aren't going to route UDP/700?
which is why the bridge program vs sending raw DECNET UCP/700?

Aloha, Angela
--
"(I'll) Be Seeing You..."       All information and transactions are
private between the parties, and are non negotiable.     All rights