[HECnet] New Nodes

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Wed Aug 20 23:18:07 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-20 08:16:57 Johnny Billquist wrote:
Hmm. Is this the same machine as is running the bridge?

	Johnny

Yes, is that a problem?

Could very well be. The problem is that the bridge program cannot
exactly feed the ethernet input on the same machine as it is running,
nor hear data sent out on the ethernet port of the same machine. That
is, unless the hardware will do this for you. Some hardware do, but most
don't. So you don't see your own data, which makes it impossible for my
bridge program to handle the machine it itself is running on.

	Johnny

I think I separated the bridge and linuxDECnet dnetd
onto separate NICs so they can see each other...
dnetinfo shows:
The next hop to the nearest area router is node 0.0

        Node                           Cost       Hops     Next hop to node
    1.10                                     4           1       if0         ->     1.266
    1.500   kahea                     0           0       lo           ->     1.500   kahea

but I don't seem to see any neighbors, so maybe still not right.
--
"(I'll) Be Seeing You..."       All information and transactions are
private between the parties, and are non negotiable.     All rights