[HECnet] Tetris game on CHIMPY

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Thu Aug 21 15:22:45 PDT 2008

I'm also trying to add a gateway (i.e. TELNET out) to my BBS via a captive account, but keep getting the following error:
%SYSTEM-W-NODEVAVL, no device available
%SMG-F-INVPAS_ID, invalid pasteboard-id

I'm not positive, but I bet that one of your logicals isn't quite right inside a command procedure.

I *think* what you want is, before you run the command that's giving that error:

	$ DEFINE/USER SYS$INPUT SYS$COMMAND

By default, SYS$INPUT refers to the command procedure itself, and that's not a valid source for SMG$ operations. This would redirect the input for the next run program to SYS$COMMAND which should be the controlling terminal.

--Marc