[HECnet] Dynamic IPs and Multinet Links

Fred fcoffey at misernet.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 20 01:04:11 PDT 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Bob Armstrong wrote:

   Fred ? it?s time for you to go sign up for that Multinet Hobbyist
license :-)

:)

Looks like that will be my project for this weekend.   Good excuse to get my DECServer 90M hooked up to the console port, too.   I'll get the license process underway tonight so I'm ready ...

Will send another message to the list once I'm up and running with Multinet.   As far as the e-mail with new IP address goes, I could whack together a batch job on OpenVMS or cron job on one of the Linux boxen that will keep an eye on things and check every so often, and e-mail the address you specify Bob when the address changes.

Fred