[HECnet] Name resolution with DECnet-Plus

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sat Aug 16 20:22:45 PDT 2008

Follow up: I "upgraded" to DECnet PhaseIV, everything is working swimmingly.

Sampsa

On 16 Aug 2008, at 01:36, Sampsa Laine wrote:

I have finally managed to get my machine to talk to HECnet, unfortunately I can only access remote machines by their numeric address, not by node name.

I am running DECnet-Plus on OpenVMS 8.3, with the name resolution set to local. Any idea how I can get this to resolve PhaseIV addresses?

Sampsa