[HECnet] Faceplate or floor stand for DS20E

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Aug 4 20:55:07 PDT 2008

   A friend of mine was giving away some AlphaServer DS20E (it   s a long story :-). It   s hardly even an antique, being less than ten years old, but on a whim I decided to take one.

   I   m glad I did; it   s a really nice server.   Works great, has four 9.1Gb 10K SCSI drives (sadly mine doesn   t have the 6 slot SCSI chassis), and 4Gb of DRAM.   Yes, 4Gb of RAM; that   s a lot for a 2000 vintage machine.   I   m tempted load OpenVMS 8.3 and use it to replace LEGATO, if I can afford the approximately 300kWh/month electric bill.

   Unfortunately the machines were the rack mount configuration and are for some reason missing their faceplates, and it   s kind of ugly.     Does anybody have an extra DS20 faceplate that they can spare?   Even better would be a set of floor pedestal skins for the DS20.

Thanks,
Bob