[HECnet] Quiet list and a question about setting up a system

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Wed Jun 25 15:02:41 PDT 2008

I'd quite like to have a go at running an area. Will OpenVMS VAX 7.3
w/corresponding UCX install suffice for tunneling DECnet-over-IP
(RFC1006) to other HECnet routers?

Don't know the answer to that one, but Bob Armstrong and others do. I hope
they'll chime in.

  Does UCX do DECnet tunneling over IP?   AFAIK it has no such feature, but I
haven't used it for years.   If it does, then I'm afraid I know nothing about
it.

  FWIW, I switched from UCX to Multinet years ago because the Multinet
implementation was much more complete and much less buggy.   If you're a
hobbyist you might want to consider switching too; there is a free hobbyist
license program for Multinet and other Process Software products.

Bob